MOUNTAIN VIEW ‑ At approximately 11:50 a.m. on Tuesday a fire was reported outside of Covolo Auto Parts on Rees Road in Mountain View.
Citizens on site were already using in home fire extinguishers against the flames before the fire department arrived on scene, assisting to keep the damage to a minimum, even with the dry and windy conditions that were present as the fire started.
Fire Chief Dexter Mohler was on site during the fire, and he said although the fire is out they will continue to keep an eye on it to ensure that no sparks cause a secondary fire due to the weather conditions.
Minor damage was done to some existing outbuildings on site, but due to the quick response of all involved no serious damage or injury occured. Mohler is, at present, unsure of the origin of the fire or how it started as it is too soon to do an investigation. More information will be provided as it is made available